BRC Global Food Safety Standard - Can you help us to meet or maintain the standard?
Yes - we work with both large and small food manufacturers providing consultancy and technical support for the development of food safety systems to the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety (often referred to as BRC accreditation). Once certificated to the standard, ongoing support can be provided to maintain the system or for example undertake the internal audits which are an essential part of the BRC Global Food Safety Standard.
Independent of the organisations auditing to this standard allowing technical support to assist companies to obtain and maintain the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety with no potential conflicts of interest. CERTIFICATION SERVICES ARE NOT PROVIDED
2 main support services are available:
• A review where a company is against the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety with some practical advice. The company then takes this information and works on their own towards the standard or with minimal external support. This is relevant for a company taking their first steps towards the BRC standard or requires technical support to upgrade their quality system to meet the requirements of the current Issue.
• Full support for a company making their first steps to meet the requirements of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety right through to providing help on the day of the audit.
A review consists of the following:
• Identifying changes required to meet the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety. This includes changes to food safety and quality systems plus advice on structure / layout / fabrication of any premises where relevant. A full report is provided. Where the company is already certificated to the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, the report concentrates on the changes required to update the quality system to meet the requirements of the current standard.
• Providing guidance and practical advice on the changes needed to meet the requirements.
Full support consists of the following:
• Identifying changes required to meet the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety. This includes changes to food safety and quality systems plus advice on structure / layout / fabrication of the factory with a full report.
• Providing guidance and practical advice on the changes needed to meet the standard
• Providing guidance and practical help on the documentation of the quality manual, procedures and records needed to meet the standard.
• Identify where existing procedures and documents can be used.
• Monitoring the implementation of the changes needed to meet the latest certification standards.
• Preparation on the day before the audit.
• Technical support on the day of the audit.
• One day follow up after the audit.
Clients tend to have an initial review and, depending on their current standards, will either work on their own or will then ask for a quotation for full support. There is no obligation to complete further work after the initial review. Support services work the same for other standards.
Assistance is also available to companies who have difficulty maintaining the standard and require help to prepare them for a second audit.
Do you have any of the following problems?
• Developing a quality system which meets the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety?
• Maintaining your BRC system?
• Updating your BRC system to the new Issue / version 5?
• Need help preparing for your next audit?
• Need help on the day of your audit?
• Had problems with your last audit?
If you have a problem but not sure what to do next........ Call or e-mail now